- anyone who makes use of the site
- Registered User
- any User who has a valid account on the site, with access depending on a Password
- a string of characters used by a Registered User when logging in to the site
- any interaction with the server with the purpose of submitting text and/or mathematical formulas to be searched for, returning when finished a list of results. This list will be empty whenever the search turns up no results
- Acronym for Application Programming Interface, whose purpose in the context of SearchOnMath is to offer a communication interface that allows other software to submit Queries to SearchOnMath and obtain the response properly formatted in the JSON or Markdown format
- API Key
- string of characters used by the Registered User when performing a Query on SearchOnMath via the API
2. Scope of the service offered
SearchOnMath is a search tool especially designed to process Queries comprising mathematical formulas and/or
Currently the User can submit Queries containing mathematical formulas and/or text through our website or our API, as well as mathematical formulas via the Android application.
The interaction with the User is quite simple and clear. The User submits the Query and SearchOnMath returns a list of results, containing up to 20 results at a time. Each result consists of at least one link to a page that SearchOnMath considered relevant, given the Query submitted. Other elements can also be part of a search result, such as title, abstract, relevant formula, etc.
3. Responsibilities of SearchOnMath and of the User
It is SearchOnMath's responsibility to provide service under the terms described in item 2 of this document.
SearchOnMath is not responsible for contingent failures due to technical problems, such as connection problems or service instabilities caused by excessively many Queries submitted to the server.
However, the SearchOnMath team is committed to striving to restore the service as quickly as possible.
It is the User's responsibility to make proper use of the service provided by SearchOnMath. It is the responsibility of the Registered User to keep the confidentiality of one’s Password and API key. The Registered User is therefore entirely responsible for any issue resulting from failing to maintain this confidentiality and for whatever may ensue. The Registered User undertakes to immediately notify SearchOnMath through the e-mail address [email protected] of any unauthorized use of one’s Password or API key, or of any other breach of security. The Registered User agrees that SearchOnMath will not be liable for any loss or damage that occurs as a result of failure to comply with this clause.
The Registered User who chooses to subscribe to the SearchOnMath service is responsible for keeping the payment up-to-date. Payments late by more than 20 days will result in termination of the subscription contract and cancellation of the service.
4. Copyright and use of SearchOnMath by third parties
The content made available by SearchOnMath is protected by national and international copyright, as well as by intellectual property laws. The User may not make unauthorized copies or use of any content, except as here specified and in accordance with applicable laws.
The copyright to all contents and services (including, but not limited to, images, animations, videos, audio, music, text, and layout) is owned by SearchOnMath.
5. Subscription plans and billing
SearchOnMath offers two subscription plans: personal or corporate.
A personal subscription is intended for a single User. This plan allows the User to submit up to 6,000 Queries per month for a monthly charge of US$ 4.49. Each excess Query will generate a charge of US$ 0.01, to be added to the following monthly fee.
A corporate subscription is intended for companies, universities, and research centers. This plan allows 2 Users to submit up to 6,000 Queries each per month for a total monthly charge of US$ 8.99. Each excess Query will generate a charge of US$ 0.01, to be added to the following monthly fee. New Users may be added, with charges accrued as follows:
3 – 49 new Users: US$ 3.99 per new User. 50 new Users or more: US$ 3.50 per new User.
As described in item 2 of this document, results are returned to the User in batches of at most 20 at a time. Requesting the following batch or reloading a previously returned batch counts as a new Query.
6. Suspension of a Registered User account
The User agrees that we may, at our discretion, temporarily or permanently suspend the account of any Registered User for any reason, including but not limited to:
- inability to verify or authenticate any information provided by the User;
- suspicion that the User's actions may generate civil liability to oneself, to other Users, or to SearchOnMath.
7. Subscription cancellation and closure of a Registered User account
The Registered User may at any time cancel the subscription without incurring a fine. In case of cancellation, the current month of subscription will be concluded, and the cancellation of the service will take effect from the following month.
Closure of the account may also be requested by the Registered User. In this case, SearchOnMath will retain no data related to the Registered User. SearchOnMath does not make any kind of refund related to paid subscriptions.
8. General provisions